|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TIME TAPESTRIES, LLC ANNOUNCES THE ONLINE LAUNCH OF ITS CELEBRATED TIME TAPESTRY COLLECTION
WILTON, CONNECTICUT (December 31, 2000) -- Time Tapestries, LLC, creators and distributors of historical fine art commemoratives, has announced the debut of its Time Tapestry Collection web site. Located at www.timetapestries.com, the site features limited edition presentation pieces, elegant fashion and home decor accessories, wall art and an award-winning book inspired by the company's original Time Tapestry digital artwork. "Our Time Tapestry collection of heirloom gifts and museum quality collectibles is already featured in some of the countries finest specialty stores and corporate gift establishments. We are now pleased to make our entire collection available Online," said Joanne Slater, company principal and originator of the Time Tapestry project.
A Thousand Years of History In a Digital Tapestry of Art
Designed by East Coast artist and sculptor Liz Bailey, the Time Tapestry digital artwork tells in a round pictoriral the story of humankind throughout the past ten centuries. Hundreds of artfully layered archival images were selected by project art curator Mimi Van Swall. "Beckoning you to travel back in time, the authentic archival images invite you to know them as they would have appeared in their own era," said Slater. "The images compose each of the work's ten sections, which appear in clockwise sequence around the Tapestry circle beginning with the 11th century at the 1 o'clock position."
To achieve the Tapestry's painterly "oil on canvas" look, artist Bailey combined her artistic sensibilities with cutting-edge computer know-how. "Taking the work far beyond the techniques of digital montage currently in use, she set aside her brushes to paint with a mouse," said Slater.
Marketing director Patrice Gillespie elaborated further on the process. "We refer to these intriguing designs as digital tapestries, for although traditional tapestries are normally made of fabric, our designs are woven together digitally -- using highly refined computer technology in combination with artistic skill, academic integrity and engaging touches of wit. Each item in the Collection is accompanied by an historical reference map that locates and identifies every image portrayed in the Time Tapestry designs: the important events, people and intellectual advances that have shaped our social and cultural heritage."
Heirloom Quality, Limited Edition Commemoratives
Specifically, the Collection includes:
* The Millennium Time Tapestry book, written by Mathew Hurff (pictured). Recently honored with two Creativity 30 Gold Medal Awards (Creative Achievement for Art & Illustration and Editorial Design) during Creativity, Inc.'s. annual international design competition, the 96-page, first edition book from Pindar Press was created as an historical reference guide to the original Time Tapestry, and features art and illustrations by Liz Bailey, editorial design by Pindar Press Design Director Izabella A. Jaskierny, and insightful text by author Matthew Hurff. The book is currently available in both soft and hardcover editions.
* The Presentation Plate displays the Time Tapestry image on fine bone china. The signed and numbered 15 1/4-inch diameter plate, produced by Fitz and Floyd Guild, is accompanied by a wooden presentation stand, magnifying glass and The Millennium Time Tapestry hardcover book.
* The Presentation Bowl celebrates 1000 years of human ingenuity in architecture, art and science through artist Liz Bailey's creatively arranged "grand tour" of dozens of significant landmarks and icons. The images appear around an 8 3/4-inch diameter fine china bowl with the interior and exterior landmarks appearing opposite each other in chronological sequence. Featured are such diverse landmarks as an 11th-century Japanese temple, a 13th-century Venetian waterfront, the Versailles Hall of Mirrors and a 20th century virtual skyline fashioned from photographs of computer chips and board circuitry. The overall design is punctuated by selected cultural icons. The bowl is finished with a hand-burnished, 23-kt. gold covered base, and is accompanied by The Millennium Time Tapestry softcover book.
The Time Tapestry wall art collection includes limited edition art prints, museum-quality posters and a fine art giclée on canvas:
* Museum-Style Poster. The 21-inch, circular Time Tapestry montage is set against a neutral golden field on fine art poster stock. The poster is conveniently sized to fit in a standard 24x30-inch frame.
* Year 2001 Poster-Style Calendar features the company's hallmark "Architectural Arches" design, created from hundreds of archival images identified in the companion Historical Reference Map. Twelve months of the year are displayed at the bottom of the poster, which is sized to fit in a standard 20x30-inch frame.
* Fine Art Print. The "Architectural Arches" version of the Time Tapestry is printed on acid-free archival paper, with a 1-inch white border that frames
the 21-inch image.
* 33-inch Giclée On Canvas is a signed and numbered limited edition of 2,000 worldwide, featuring the Time Tapestry "Architectural Arches" image through a special process of digital imaging on acid-free canvas. World-renowned buildings serve as cornerstone images. The giclée is accompanied by a signed edition of The Millennium Time Tapestry hardcover book.
Also available online are Time Tapestry-inspired home accessories and elegant fashion statements:
* Set of Four Hard Placemats. Artist Liz Bailey selected images from the original Time Tapestry visual to create a decorative "surround" of ancient maps, historic villages and fashion figures for each mat. The placemats, by Lady Clare of England, are preserved with a stain-and-heat resistant lacquered finish, and have a rich flocked backing to protect fine furniture.
* Set of Four Hard Coasters, each representing a different art montage of 250 years, are housed in a wooden display holder. The set, by Lady Clare of England, has a lacquered stain-resistant finish and flocked backing.
* Serving Tray. Striking enough to be displayed on a stand as an "art piece" between uses, the dramatic lacquered tray by Lady Clare of England surrounds the original Time Tapestry image with a unique border of ancient maps, historic villages and fashion figures against a black and gold background.
* Jigsaw Puzzle. An entire family can participate in mastering the story of a thousand years while reassembling 500 interlocking puzzle pieces, with aid of the historic reference map. The puzzle becomes a 20.5-inch diameter version of the Time Tapestry artwork.
* Set of 12 Note Cards. Countless celebrations worldwide are highlighted on each 7x7-inch card, featuring the "Architectural Arches" design. Beautifully printed on fine matte-finished card stock with coordinating envelopes, the cards are blank inside and can be personalized for any occasion.
* 36-inch Square Silk Scarf. Mantero, Italy's premier silk house for the world's elite designers, produced this wearable Time Tapestry work of art in luxurious silk twill. When printed on silk, the Time Tapestry hues are softer, and the fabric&Mac226;s lustrous sheen casts a glow that is flattering to every skin tone. The design's ivory-and-bronze "courtyard" border contains a variety of architectural motifs, from which cleverly placed icons of prior cultures peer out through the archways.
Upcoming Media Event:
* National Public Radio: the Time Tapestry art project and collection will be discussed on NPR's show, The Satellite Sisters, (at 4 p.m. EST on WNYC-FM in New York), Jan. 6th, 2001, when the Dolan sisters focus on the beginning of the new millennium.
(Check NPR radio listings for other local broadcast times.)
More About Time Tapestries, LLC
Time Tapestries LLC is a worldwide marketer of historical art commemoratives based upon original montages of archival images. The company's hallmark is the Time Tapestry -- an original digital artwork that tells the story of humankind throughout the last thousand years "in the round," through hundreds of artfully layered, digitally woven pieces of archival art. Conceived by Joanne Slater, developer of unique concepts and products, and designed by artist and sculptor Liz Bailey, the Tapestry is the result of thousands of hours of research and development by a special multi-talented team and a group of scholarly advisors. Mimi Van Swall, educator and project art curator, and Patrice Gillespie, product and business development director, co-founded the company with Ms. Slater and Ms. Bailey. The collection is available Online and at fine specialty stores in the USA and Canada. For more information, visit the company web site: www.timetapestries.com.